New whiskies from Bunnahabhain, Tobermory and Deanston
Distell has launched new bottlings from Bunnahabhain, Tobermory and Deanston as part of its 2019 Limited Release Collection.
The range features a number of cask finishes, with each expression priced between £60 (US$76) and £450 (US$570). The series consists of:
· Bunnahabhain (2007) Port Finish: RRP £90
· Bunnahabhain (2007) French Brandy Finish: RRP £90
· Bunnahabhain (1988) Vintage Marsala Finish: RRP £450
· Deanston (2002) Organic Oloroso: RRP £100
· Deanston (2006) Fino Finish: RPP £65
· Deanston (1997) Palo Cortado Finish: RRP £150
· Tobermory (1999) Marsala Finish: RRP £130
· Ledaig (1997) Manzanilla Finish: RRP £160
“The team surprise us every year with the creation of new and exciting expressions, with each distillery having a distinct flavour profile and the team continuing to achieve incredible results with their choice of finishing casks,” said Derek Scott, brand director for malt whisky at Distell.
“One of my particular favourites this year has to be the Bunnahabhain Vintage Marsala Finish; it has sweet hints of chocolate and caramel that develop into a lingering smoky pepperiness, which is extremely memorable, especially if you can enjoy it on Islay at Bunnahabhain Bay overlooking Bunnahabhain Bay, the Sound of Islay.”
Distell used a “modern and progressive route” to unveil the collection, reaching whisky lovers through film and social media. A tasting at the Deanston Distillery with members of Distell’s team – including senior blender Kirstie McCallum – was filmed and broadcast live.